If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There must be as many recipes for chili cheese grits as there are people who make them. It is one of those simple dishes where the type of ingredients you use makes a difference. This particular recipe is a family favorite. The only tweaking/updating I have done is to add smoked paprika. Chile cheese grits are delicious served alongside ham, pork chops, or baked chicken. —Waverly
- 1 1/2 cups quick grits
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons seasoned (garlic - parsley) salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 (4 oz) cans chopped green chilis
- MAKE GRITS: Preheat the oven to 250. Boil the water in a large pot on the stove and cook grits according to the instructions on the package.
- MIX: Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked grits and stir to combine.
- BAKE: Pour the grits mixture into a buttered oblong dish. Bake 1 1/2 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.