If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick Pickled Fennel with Orange Zest: an elegant table pickle that relies on crescents of fennel bathed in a simple orange-infused brine. —Angela Brown
Makes about 2 cups
- 1-2 fennel bulbs, stalks removed
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Slice the fennel into very thin slivers. Thoroughly rinse the fennel and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. In the meantime, tightly pack the sliced fennel into a glass jar and set aside. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the brine to cool slightly, about one to two minutes. Pour the brine into the jar, being sure to cover the fennel completely. Allow to cool to room temperature. Seal the jar with a tight fitting lid. When kept covered and chilled, the pickles will keep well for 1-2 weeks.
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.