Author Notes: Baked chicken wings with a sticky, garlicky Sriracha enhanced sauce. - crunchygooey
Makes 2 lbs
- 2 pounds chicken wings, separated at joint, tips discarded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon (level) grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon mirin or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon scallions, white and light green parts sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425º Trim wings of excess fat using a sharp knife. Place into a bowl and toss with salt and pepper. Put wings on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake 45 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan and add ginger and garlic. Saute until fragrant then add all other sauce ingredients except scallions and sesame seeds. Bring to a medium boil then cook until reduced and thickened (3-5 minutes). You will end up with about 2/3 cup. Keep warm. Toss hot wings with 3/4 of sauce then return to oven for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, place wings into a bowl and toss with remaining sauce. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.