Author Notes: My famiglia loves spices of all kinds so this is a recipe I created using some of the most flavorful spices we enjoy. These ribs are a fast weeknight meal or great appetizer or snack food for entertaining - cucina di mammina
baby-back rack of pork ribs
- 1 large rack of baby back pork ribs, cut into segments
- sea salt
- black pepper
- vegetable oil
dry rub spice mix
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2-3 teaspoons tumeric powder
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Prepare the ribs and place on a flat work surface covered with wax paper. Season well with sea salt and pepper to taste (always season both sides.) Mix all the remaining spices together in a small bowl and rub the spice blend on all sides of the ribs until covered. Place the ribs in a well sealed zip lock bag and refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours, overnight is best.
- Remove the ribs from the fridge about 15-20 minutes before roasting and bring to room temperature. Line a metal baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the ribs on the foil.
- Set oven to approximately 400 - 425 degrees and roast until golden brown and done through (time will vary depending on the heat of your oven and thickness of the ribs.) For crisper ribs, place under the broiler right before the finished cooking time for a minute or so, then remove from oven to cool and serve.