If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a nice all in one pot(roasting pan) recipe. My inspiration for it was an Italian cooking class I attended with my sister, Mom and some friends. It was a fantastic class, fun and delicious, called Get Cooking Edmonton . I've adapted it to what we prefer or what I happen to have in my cupboards. In the class we used dried porcini mushrooms but I used mixed dried mushrooms, along with fresh Cremini Mushrooms. I swapped the chicken thighs for bone in, skin on chicken breasts, you can do the same or use a whole chicken cut up. I've made the dish a number of times using different combinations of chicken pieces, and it turns out great every time. —Katheryn's Kitchen
- 4 bone in, skin on chicken breasts, each cut in half, you will end up with 8 pieces
- 8-10 small waxy potatoes, cut in half-many different varieties of potatoes will work- Yukon Gold, white skinned potatoes, baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup dried mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling hot water for steeping the dried mushrooms- keep mushroom juice after straining the mushrooms but be careful not to add the sediment from the mushrooms as it might be a little gritty.
- 2 cups thick sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio, enough to just cover the bottom of the roasting pan
- 1 cup chicken broth
- olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Soak dried mushrooms in the hot water for 30 minutes then drain, reserving the soaking water, and coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Toss the chopped soaked mushrooms, along with the freshly sliced cremini mushrooms and garlic in a few tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper and place skin side down in a roasting pan.
- Add the potatoes around the pieces of chicken, cut side up and sprinkle with rosemary, then season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough white wine into the roasting pan to just cover the bottom of the pan. Now add the rest of the reserved mushroom juice and chicken stock, along with the mushroom mixture and drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over, then roast another 30 minutes until cooked through and crispy golden brown. Serve with the juices drizzled over everything.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.