Author Notes: I dislike mayonnaise with a passion, so I have to find creative ways to substitute for it. For slaws, I like to use a mustard vinaigrette. [Note: Mustard is also a great substitute if you are vegan] - RellaBellaK
- 1 package broccoli slaw
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Place broccoli slaw, scallions and dried cranberries in a salad bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for almonds (I like to use my immersion blender attachment) and pour over veggies. Toss to coat; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Top with almonds just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish