If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from my fiance's mom. A tasty, vegetarian chili, that really doesn't taste vegetarian. - Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 1/2 Large onion
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, basil, cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cakes carrots (chopped)
- 28 and 14 oz Cans crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 zuccini chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup Bulgar
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat large stock pot or dutch oven to low-medium.
- Add Onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Add oregano, basil, cumin and 2 tbsp of chili powder
- Add carrots and zucchini, cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, bulgar. Bring to boil and then simmer 30+ minutes, until bulgar is cooked/veggies not crispy.
- Add veggie broth to thin out/reach consistency you want. Add remaining chilli powder/other spices to taste (hot sauce etc.)
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.