Author Notes: This recipe comes from my fiance's mom. A tasty, vegetarian chili, that really doesn't taste vegetarian. - Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 1/2 Large onion
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, basil, cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cakes carrots (chopped)
- 28 and 14 oz Cans crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 zuccini chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup Bulgar
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat large stock pot or dutch oven to low-medium.
- Add Onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Add oregano, basil, cumin and 2 tbsp of chili powder
- Add carrots and zucchini, cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, bulgar. Bring to boil and then simmer 30+ minutes, until bulgar is cooked/veggies not crispy.
- Add veggie broth to thin out/reach consistency you want. Add remaining chilli powder/other spices to taste (hot sauce etc.)