If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite way to cook broccolini. It is so simple in ingredients and method of cooking...simple...simple. Keeping the recipe simple is a good way of insuring that I will eat a lot of vegetables every day, plus this recipe is delicious and is a great pairing with many types of cuisine. The grilling slightly carmelizes the vegetable making it less bitter...a little sweeter. - dymnyno
- 1 large stem of broccolini
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and when the water is at a rolling boil, drop in the broccolini. Remove the broccolini after about 10 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, minced garlic and salt and fresh pepper.
- Put the broccolini in the olive oil mixture and cover it with the mixture...not too much.
- Fire up a grill or BBQ (a gas BBQ is very quick).
- Very!! quickly put the broccolini on the BBQ or grill and then turn quickly....just enough time to slightly singe the vegetable and give it a nice smokey flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish