If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a salad that eats more like a gratin, without the cheese hangover. As Food52er Ameliorator put it, "It's vegan, but warm and filling and never leaves you thinking it would have been improved with bacon." Adapted slightly from Casa Moro by Sam and Sam Clark (Edbury Press, 2005). - Genius Recipes
- 2 pounds pumpkin or other winter squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 14 ounces canned or home-cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (soaked in cold water for 15 minutes if you want to soften the bite)
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste with a pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons water, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the squash with the garlic, allspice, olive oil, and some salt and pepper.
- Place on a tray, optionally lined with parchment, in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until soft. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- While the squash is cooking, make the tahini sauce. Mix the crushed garlic with lemon juice and add the tahini. Now thin with the water and olive oil, and check for seasoning. You should taste a balance between the nutty tahini and lemon.
- To assemble the salad, place the squash, chickpeas, red onion, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Pour on the tahini sauce and remaining oil and toss carefully. Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Seven of the best things we read this week.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.
Wildcard Winner Recap