If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Breakfast is Served! —Tiffany
- 1.5 Green Plantain
- 1/2 Ripe Yellow Plantain
- 1 Medium Egg White
- 1/3 cup Coarse Corn Meal
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Tomato
- 1 handful Baby Spinach
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-Heat Oven at 375 degrees
- In a Food Processor, pulse (until you reach a thick consistency) Green Plantain Yellow Plantain Egg White Cornmeal Salt
- Lightly grease Muffin molds with Coconut Oil
- Spoon about 3/4 TB of Plantain Mix into each mold and flatten so it lines the mold
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, crust should be very lightly browned around the edges
- Set aside and let cool (keep crust in molds)
- Saute Onion & Green Pepper, until fairly soft with a slight crisp
- Top crusts with Peppers/Onions
- Whisk Eggs with: Chopped Tomato, Chopped Baby Spinach & Black Pepper
- Pour Egg Mix into mold - some may spill over outside of the “crust” - no worries!
- Optional: Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan, for some bite!
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.