If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend Amy Spar originally made it for her cooking club, passed on the recipe to me, and I've changed it over the last five years. It's truly become a summer staple. It's nearly perfect because of it's infinite variations and ability to expand or contract based on the size of your crowd or whether you're serving it as a side or a main dish. —JenniferF
Serves 8-10 as a side
for the couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat couscous (the texture and flavor hold up better than regular although regular will work)
- 1 head broccoli, separated into small florets and barely steamed
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries (I often use a combination, or use dried apricots, chopped)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews or cashew pieces
- 1 can garbanzos (can use 2 if you love them)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
for the dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Muchi curry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced or ground ginger (fresh or bottled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Make couscous according to directions.
- Steam broccoli until crisp tender.
- Mix all couscous ingredients together except feta.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Toss dressing into couscous.
- Sprinkle feta over the top.
- Serve at room temperature. (Hot and cold work, too. Really, it is the world's most forgiving dish.)
That's My Jam
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
Lemonade, sans recipe.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Green pesto is so last summer.