If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is more of a condiment than a side dish, designed to boost flavor and add a bit of love to the main ingredient. Perfect on simply grilled meaty mushrooms as shown or topping a grilled lamb chop or rib eye. The flavors blossom as you eat...first garlic, then tomato then a bloom of savory umami from the anchovy. So simple really, but it truly elevates a simple dish to something decadent. —savorthis
Makes 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 handfuls spinach or chard
- 1 pinch sugar
- Melt butter in olive oil and add anchovy, chopping up and stirring until it melts. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Mound greens on top, cooking for a minute before gently stirring and flipping while they compress.
- Stir tomato paste into 2 tablespoons warm water and stir mixture into greens when they have all just wilted. Continue cooking for another couple minutes. Add slight pinch sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Don't be shy- it is a condiment meant to accompany and boost the dish and should be well seasoned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.