If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite way to eat kale. I served it with a meal I brought to a friend after she had a baby. She and her husband loved it so much they decided to grow kale in their garden even though they had never really eaten kale in the past. The lemon imparts a wonderful tang to the kale and the walnuts give it a bit more substance. - Jay
Serves 2 large portions or 4 small sides
- 1 bunch Organic Kale chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon Bacon Grease or Lard (Preferably from pastured pigs)
- 2 cloves garlic cut in half and then sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small sauce pan toast the walnuts over low heat for 5-8 min, until fragrant. Chop into small pieces. Reserve.
- Heat the oil in larger pan ( I love to use my cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Add Kale and stir until it is lightly coated with bacon grease. Cook until wilted but not overly cooked (probably less than 5 min) when it seems almost done add garlic and continue to stir until the garlic smells amazing (about 1 min). Remove from heat. Toss with salt, lemon juice, and walnuts. Sit down and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.