If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup...red lentils, tomatoes, onions, chopped fresh kale and creamy coconut milk makes this a perfect cozy weather meal. It's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, budget friendly and ready in about 30 minutes or so! - Karielyn
- 1 1/2 cups organic red lentils (uncooked)
- 2 3/4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz can)
- 3 organic roma tomatoes (small/diced)
- 1/2 organic onions (large/diced)
- 1 cup organic kale (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 - 2 pinches organic ground cayenne pepper
- Prepare veggies: dice onions and tomatoes and chop kale into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT: chopped kale and coconut milk) into a medium-sized pot, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer (low/medium) and cover and cook for 30 - 40 minutes (or until the lentils are soft), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped kale and coconut milk, stir well.
- Add additional vegetable broth/pink himalayan salt/seasonings, if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
Drink Your Bouquet
April showers bring flowers to your cocktails.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.