If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lemony, spiced and delicious... this comes from my website, www.inthekitchenwithkim.com - a paleo recipe blog. - kkeady
Ras el Hanout Spice Blend (you can also buy a pre-made mix)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamon
- 1 teaspoon Spanish Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Chicken Thighs, Skin On
- 2 bunches Kale, Leaves Pulled from the Spine
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 4 Lemons' Juice
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 handful Kalamata Olives
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a braising pan, sweat off the onions, garlic and spice blend in the ghee. When the onions are translucent, remove the pan from the heat and leave to the side (this is the pan you'll be cooking in, so make sure it can fit all the chicken and that it has a lid).
- Brown the chicken in a frying pan, this extra step will add more flavour and make the skin taste a lot better after braising. Once the chicken thighs have been browned, place them on top of the onions in the braising pan. Add the kale leaves, chicken stock and lemon juice. Cover with the lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes up to an hour. The chicken will be falling off the bone and the kale leaves will have soaked up all the flavours. Garnish with olives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens