If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple family favorite that takes kale to a place of comfort. - Rinku Bhattacharya
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium sized red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoons red cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chopped tender kale
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1.Heat the oil on medium low heat for about 1 minute and add in the onions, cook the onions low and slow and they soften, curl and gradually turn golden brown. This does need some attention and about 10 to 12 minutes to get to the golden brown color.
- Remove about half the onions with a slotted spoon.
- Add the ginger into the remaining onion mixture and stir lightly for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the red cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Add in the kale and mix well and cook for another 5 minutes, until well mixed and the kale is wilted.
- Stir in the salt and the raisins and mix well. Stir in the remaining carmellized onions and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens