If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a healthy asian inspired weekday or weekend meal. my family loves these the first night and they always ask for them the next day for school lunches or snacks. I serve these with a side of my asian coleslaw and seaweed salad. - cucina di mammina
asian chicken patties
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound organic ground chicken (I prefer a mix of white & dark meat)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 fresh scallions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh or ground ginger
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon white shiro miso paste
- 2 dashes seaweed gomasio (to taste)
- 2 dashes kimchi furikake rice seasoning
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or ponzu sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon potato starch
- black sesame seeds
- 1 to 2 dash toasted sesame oil
- vegetable oil (for cooking)
- wasabi paste (for serving)
vegetable rice cakes
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup sushi rice
- rice vinegar
- dried seaweed flakes (to taste)
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 large celery stalk (diced)
- 2-3 fresh scallion (chopped)
- 1-2 whole eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- small bunch of fresh shiitake mushrooms (chopped small pieces)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- grated fresh or ground ginger (to taste)
- low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
- dash of seaweed gomasio (to taste)
- vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Combine all the chicken patty ingredients except for the potato starch and wasabi paste together in a large bowl and mix well until combined.
- Add the potato starch and mix well until the meat mixture starts to come together; it will be soft and sticky.
- Set aside. Heat up a large non-stick skillet to medium-low, add a touch of vegetable oil and using your hands, form a small pattie and flatten it down in the skillet.
- Remove and place on a large flat plate with paper towel to absorb any extra oil. Continue to cook until the meat mixture is done. Set aside in a warm spot. Serve with wasabi paste if some heat is desired.
- For the rice cakes, place a large stock pot filled with water to a boil add some salt and cook the sushi rice until tender. Drain well and sprinkle lightly with rice vinegar and set aside to cool.
- In a large wok or skillet, add some vegetable oil and bring to medium high heat. Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Stir quickly to allow to soften and brown slightly
- Remove the cooked vegetables to a bowl. Add a touch of oil to the skillet and add the slightly beaten eggs and scramble cook until done.
- Remove and add to the vegetable mixture. Add the vegetable and egg mixture to the cooked rice and stir to mix well. Season with ginger and soy sauce to taste.
- Add dried seaweed flakes to taste and mix well. Lastly, add a dash or two of the seaweed gomasio and the one beaten egg white. Mix all until very well combined and form small rice cakes by hand.
- Add to the large skillet with a dash of oil on medium heat and allow to cook until lightly golden brown and crisp. Cook all the rice cakes until all the rice mixture is done.
- Serve immediately with the asian chicken patties, asian coleslaw and seaweed salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions