If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes a dessert needs a topping that is richer than plain whipped cream, but lighter and less intense than ganache. Start at least 4 hours, or up to a day, ahead to allow the cream to chill before you whip it. —Alice Medrich
Makes about 2 cups
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons water
- A pinch or two of salt (optional)
- Put the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Bring the cream and water to a simmer in a saucepan and pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 30 seconds, then stir well.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or so to finish melting the chocolate, then stir again until every last bit of chocolate is melted into the cream. Let cool.
- Taste and add salt, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least several hours, or until completely chilled (I like to leave it overnight, and it can be prepared to this point up to 4 days ahead).
- To serve, whip the cream with an electric mixer until it holds a shape (it won’t be smooth if you overwhip it). Use immediately or refrigerate until needed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Get your shine on.