If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Italian country families always boasted at least one hunter, and there are as many variations on this dish as there are families and regions in Northern Italy. This preparation is the traditional style, without tomatoes. Long braising time tenderizes the meat, and the addition of mushrooms and other ingredients add flavor notes. - brancica
- 3 pounds Chicken thighs with skin on and boneless breasts cut in two
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Each, salt, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 3 cups Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 piece Anchovy
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder in a ziplock bag. Dredge chicken pieces and shake off excess flour.
- In a large dutch oven, heat 2 Tbs of oil and brown chicken pieces in batches over medium heat till brown,about 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer pieces to a plate and wipe dutch oven clean.
- Add remaining oil to the pot and heat. Saute shallots and garlic till softened and add mushrooms. Cook 5-7 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pot and add white wine, anchovy, capers and sage leaves. Braise on low heat for 50-60 minutes, skimming off fat and stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve with roasted potatoes. For one pound potatoes, clean small Yukon Golds, leave skin on and cut in half. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve with chicken on large platter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.