If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
- 1 pound pizza dough (or less if you prefer a thinner crust)
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 acorn squash (about 8 ounces), peeled and very thinly sliced (with a mandolin, ideally)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 red chile, such as Fresno, sliced
- 2 ounces provolone picante, coarsely grated
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons sliced basil
- Salad for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 475°F with a rack in the bottom position. Place a large rimmed baking sheet upside down on the rack to preheat, 8 minutes.
- On a piece of parchment paper dusted with cornmeal, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll pizza dough into a large circle, about 1?4 inch thick. In a large bowl, season tomatoes with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and use hands to crush together. Add squash, garlic and chilies and toss to combine.
- Scatter prepared dough with squash, spreading it out in a thin layer. Sprinkle cheese over top of pizza. Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and slide the parchment with the dough onto it. Bake until the dough is golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Before serving, scatter basil over pizza and squeeze fresh lemon over top. Serve immediately with salad, if desired.