If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup was invented during a New York City heat wave when even the thought of turning on the stove was anathema. It's a simpler alternative to gaspacho that makes great use of the flavors and produce of summer. —Savour
- 2.25 pounds ripe tomatoes
- .25 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pieces garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup ricotta
- 2/3 cup basil pesto
- Wash tomatoes and remove stems. Roughly chop.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and vinegar in food processor. Puree until smooth. Chill soup.
- To serve, divide ricotta and pesto among 4 bowls.
- Spoon soup over ricotta and pesto in bowls. Stir before eating.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Tomato Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cold Soup
Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches
Independence Day, the frozen dessert way
Ice cream, cookies, and independence.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.