If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chahohbili is a traditional Georgian poultry dish. Originally, Chahohbili was cooked from wild game birds, but nowdays chicken is the main source for this dish. This might be the most commonly made Georgian dish. I'm a big fan of the flavors. I like to serve it over rice, but it would go nicely with pasta or crusty bread too. - Kukla
- • 3 lb chicken thighs and drumsticks, bone in with skin trimmed but not entirely removed
- • 2 large onions, sliced
- • 3-4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- • 2 teaspoons sugar
- • 1 small hot pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- • 5 garlic cloves, minced
- • 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- • 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- • 2 dried bay leaves
- • About 6-7 strands of saffron
- • 1 tablespoon of each: chopped cilantro, parsley, basil
- • Salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put all spices into a spice grinder and pulse until they turn into a powder.
- Wash and dry the chicken. Preheat the heavy skillet. Add the chicken pieces and fry on medium-high flame for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Season with salt and black pepper, Transfer the chicken to a large casserole. Reserve 2 tablespoons of chicken roasting fat.
- Preheat a clean skillet with 2 tablespoons of chicken roasting fat. Add the sliced onions and sauté’ until just softened. Transfer the onion to a casserole; add chopped tomatoes and hot pepper. Season with salt and sugar to taste and 1 tablespoon of spice powder. Cover, bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from heat stir in minced garlic and chopped herbs. Let stand for 5 minutes, serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.