If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crusty, hot, and melty chocolate sandwiches make a decadent snack, but cut into daintier portions and nestled with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, they make a dynamite dessert for company. They're fun too. - Alice Medrich
Makes 2 sandwiches
- Unsalted butter
- 4 slices sweet or sourdough French bread or firm white sandwich bread
- About 2 ounces broken or chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, or 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread generously. In a skillet big enough to hold them, cook the slices butter side down over medium heat, just until pale gold on one side.
- Cover two of the slices with chocolate. Flip a naked slice on top, butter side up. Cook, turning the sandwiches as necessary, until the chocolate is softened and the sandwiches are browned on both sides.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with a pinch of sea salt or a dusting of cinnamon sugar, if you like.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.