Author Notes: I love blanched broccoli with a simple dip made from equal parts good quality mayo and organic brown mustard. So I took the basic elements, embellished them a bit, and came up with a sweet and crunchy broccoli salad. If you can't find the Meyer lemon, use regular lemon juice and add a bit of honey to the dressing. - WinnieAb
For the salad:
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, preferably made with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon organic brown mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and the broccoli florets. Cook for about 2 minutes (it can be slightly more, but you don't want the broccoli to be too soft). Drain the broccoli and allow to cool.
- Mix the broccoli, hazelnuts and raisins in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, the mayonnaise, the olive oil and the mustard. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish