If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love blanched broccoli with a simple dip made from equal parts good quality mayo and organic brown mustard. So I took the basic elements, embellished them a bit, and came up with a sweet and crunchy broccoli salad. If you can't find the Meyer lemon, use regular lemon juice and add a bit of honey to the dressing. - WinnieAb
For the salad:
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, preferably made with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon organic brown mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and the broccoli florets. Cook for about 2 minutes (it can be slightly more, but you don't want the broccoli to be too soft). Drain the broccoli and allow to cool.
- Mix the broccoli, hazelnuts and raisins in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, the mayonnaise, the olive oil and the mustard. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish