If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of those effortless recipes requiring just a few fresh, high quality ingredients and very little labor. This side is great year round served with grilled meat, seared fish or just thrown into a fresh salad, it's hard to go wrong with fresh produce, lemon and a little anchovy. And of course, if is too still too frigid to get out to the grill, throw your peppers in a hot pan or under the broiler to get a crisp char. - Shell
- 12 pieces pimeton peppers (or 3-4 bell peppers)
- 1 piece lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pieces anchovy filets
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 sprig fresh herbs (rosemary, mint, basil, etc.)
- Peppers: Remove the seeds and cut into approximately 1-2” pieces. Heat grill, grill pan, or broiler and cook until evenly charred and tender. Remove from heat and toss with dressing.
- Dressing: In a small saute pan , gently heat olive oil. Add anchovies and mix until they break up and dissolve into the warm oil. Turn off heat and whisk in lemon juice and pepper. Add additional lemon and herbs if desired. Serve warm. It is great as a side for grilled meats and fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.