If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oven roasting allows root vegetables’ natural sugars to caramelize and makes them extra tasty to enjoy while warm or at room temperature. Almost all vegetables can be roasted. Vegetables like carrots, potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, and onions have a lovely sweet taste when roasted. Many vegetables are good for roasting: turnips, beets, fennel, parsnip, asparagus to add earthy flavour to recipes. The secret for perfect roasted vegetables: a nice and hot oven to put the vegetables in! —createpink.com
- 2 carrots
- 2 beets
- 2 bell peppers (red and yellow)
- 4 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons chilli soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 onions
- While the oven preheats, prep the vegetables. Wash and remove any blemishes, removing skins if appropriate.
- Then cut the vegetables into pieces roughly the same size. Just remember: the smaller the pieces, the quicker the vegetables will roast.
- Either in the roasting pan or a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic powder and chilli soy sauce.
- Toss them well and then spread the coated veggies onto a baking sheet and bake at 400º for 30 minutes until they are just tender.
- About halfway through the roasting time, give the pan a good shake or use a spatula to turn the vegetables to move them around a bit to brown evenly. Remove from oven, arrange on a platter and serve.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.