If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love mustard and have been eating it on everything since I was a kid. My boyfriend thought I was crazy when I put it on my bacon and eggs....until he tried it! Now even he puts mustard on everything. And since this is a bacon dish, mustard was, of course, a natural. - Jodi Taffel
- 1 1/2 pounds applewood smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds hardwood smoked slab bacon
- 1 pound triple cream brie
- 12 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3-4 pints grape tomatoes (8-10 tomatoes per casserole)
- 6 small leeks
- 4 large shallots
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 individual casserole dishes
- Place the apple wood bacon on a wire rack, on top of a cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes til cooked, but not crisp. Slice into ribbons. Don’t discard the rendered bacon fat. At the same time, cut each tomato in half and place them on a baking sheet. Rub the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and place them in the oven with the bacon. After 10 minutes, turn the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. They should be done about the same time as the bacon.
- Slice the leek and shallots into rounds and put in a colander. Run water over them to remove any dirt and pat dry. Sauté in the rendered bacon fat til translucent and remove from pan. Put the remaining bacon fat in a small bowl.
- . Chop the slab bacon into ¼ inch cubes and sauté til done, but not crispy.
- Lightly grease the casserole dishes with bacon fat. Place phyllo on a cutting board, the long way down. Cut into 6 even squares (2 across, 3 down). Place 5 ungreased sheets in the bottom of each casserole dish.
- Distribute the slab bacon evenly among each dish. Place 2 layers of ungreased phyllo over the bacon. Put 2 tbl. dijon mustard on the phyllo and spread evenly. Distribute the leeks evenly over the dijon mustard. Distribute the tomatoes evenly over the leeks. Distribute the ribbons of bacon evenly over the tomatoes. Distribute the brie sauce evenly over the top of each casserole. Place 1 layer of phyllo over each casserole. With a pastry brush, brush the bacon fat on the phyllo. Repeat with 4 more layers of phyllo and bacon fat.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until phyllo is browned and casserole is bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 large servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Berti Foraging Knife
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.