If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can emotional about sandwiches. I love them. I am always dreaming up my next favorite. This is the one that has been on my favorite list for quite a while. The salty meat with the sour dough bread, then throw sweetness of the potatoes and the peppery crisp of the arugula... OMG, then the creaminess of the brie cheese. This is heaven. I like it either warmed up like a panini or cold. It actually depends on how hunger I am. The ham I use is a delicious spiral organic one that I get from a woman that smokes her all her own hams for her small restaurant in Indiana. (Only an hours drive away.) - MyCommunalTable —MyCommunalTable
Food52 Review: I was skeptical of a ham sandwich that shared the spotlight with sweet potatoes. Would it be mushy? Would the flavors actually meld? All my fears were set aside as I stacked the sandwich high, and took my first bite. The combination is nutty, crispy, sweet and salty. All in perfect balance. Be careful with the dijon mustard, as it can quickly overpower this unique combination. And the sweet potato fries aren't out of place between the bread. Think of them like a sweeter version of sauteed onions. Quite delicious. - CatherineJagers
Serves as many as you want.
- 2 slices sour dough bread, toasted
- 2 slices spiral ham, crisp slightly in butter
- 2 slices brie cheese
- handful of arugula
- sweet potato fries, see note.
- dijon mustard
- Assemble sandwich as you would normally any sandwich.
- Note: Sweet Potato fries: potatoes cut into french frie style. Skins and all. Lightly cover with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put on baking sheet and bake at 400F, tossing a few times, until crisp. Approx. 30 minutes. I always make extra, so I can make this sandwich the next day.
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.