If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An updated take on the classic preparation that was stylish in the sixties, I use apricot jam, natural sugar, and vanilla bean to update this classic. —Alexandra V. Jones
- 1 Grapefruit, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons natural sugar, or turbinado.
- 1 vanilla bean split in half
- Spread the jam over each side of the halved grapefruit, nice and even like.
- Sprinkle with sugar, using paring knife cut along perimeter, separating, the skin from the segments.
- Cut vanilla bean in half, scrape seeds, spread on each half and place pods on top of grapefruit halves.
- Broil about 7 minutes (my broiler is a crappy electric oven from the 90's, in other worlds yours may broil faster)or until golden and bubbly! Use spoon to munch. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.