Author Notes: An updated take on the classic preparation from that was stylish in the sixties, I use apricot jam, natural sugar, and vanilla bean to update this classic. - Alexandra V. Jones
- 1 Grapefruit, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons natural sugar, or turbinado.
- 1 vanilla bean split in half
- Spread the jam over each side of the halved grapefruit, nice and even like.
- Sprinkle with sugar, using paring knife cut along perimeter, separating, the skin from the segments.
- Cut vanilla bean in half, scrape seeds, spread on each half and place pods on top of grapefruit halves.
- Broil about 7 minutes (my broiler is a crappy electric oven from the 90's, in other worlds yours may broil faster)or until golden and bubbly! Use spoon to munch. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe