If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This plant-based recipes is so close in taste to Deviled Eggs that it's almost creepy.
I used to love Deviled Eggs when I was vegetarian. I decided to make something similar that would satisfy my craving for them. This did it and then some.
I believe it is the mustard that is the star of this dish. Without it, it would not work. - Bold Vegan // Molly Patrick
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado
- Paprika for dusting
- Place the garbanzo beans, mustard, nutritional yeast and sea salt in a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to assemble, there are two ways you can do it:
- You can either cut open the avocado, remove the pit and scoop the garbanzo mixture directly into the avocado halves and eat it just like that.
- Alternatively, you can cut the avocado in half, take out the pit and then cut into slices. Next, scoop out the slices and cut them in half. Arrange the avocado pieces on a plate and top each one with the garbanzo mixture. Use this method if you want to serve as an hor d’oeuvre.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
Home & design links we love.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.