Author Notes: This easy make-ahead breakfast is your perfect excuse to eat chocolate first thing in the morning. Serve with cacao nibs, coconut, nuts, or whatever toppings you prefer! - Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Food52 Review: Easy. Portable. Healthy. Chocolate. What more can you ask for in a breakfast that gets you out the door on a busy morning? Vary the ingredients for everyone in the family -- add other berries, make it with or without chocolate, throw in different nuts and toppings. This will become a staple for me, even on the mornings when I'm not in a hurry to leave the house. - Frances
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (more if necessary)
- 3 large strawberries, sliced
- Mix together all the ingredients, except for strawberries.
- Place one third of the oatmeal mixture into a jar or other airtight container, then top with half of the strawberry slices. Add another layer of the oatmeal mixture, then top with the remaining strawberry slices. Top with the rest of the oatmeal mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight -- your oatmeal will be ready to enjoy the next morning!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe