Author Notes: This middle eastern inspired oatmeal only takes a few hours in the fridge. I love the strange pairing of vanilla yogurt with goat milk, but regular yogurt is amazing as well - especially if you are not too keen of using soy yogurt, which definitely belongs to the processed food category. - Valentina Solfrini
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Goat milk
- 1/2 cup Vanilla yogurt (soy or regular)
- 1 teaspoon (or two) rose water
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Vanilla, to taste
- Almond slivers, to top
- Goji berries and Rasperries, to top
- Combine the oats, milk, yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, rose water, honey and goji berries in a jar, and stir well. Put it in the fridge and leave the oats to soak for at least 3 hours, or better overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with berries, almonds or pine nuts, or even pistachios, which go great with rose water. For a superfood add-on, try bee pollen or chia seeds. If you like it thinner, thin it out with more goat milk.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe