If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes there is nothing better than fried plantains, especially for a simple breakfast. All across West Africa fried plantains are served as snacks or starters and as a side dish to foods such as jollof rice, roast chicken or grilled fish. In Sierra Leone, vendors sell it as part of the popular street staple ‘fry fry —Bintu
- 2 plantains
- pinches salt
- oil for frying
- Peel the plantains and cut into slices and sprinkle some salt on both sides.
- Put enough oil in frying pan so that the oil comes up to about a 3rd of each slice of plantain when they are in.
- Fry on one side till golden and turn over and fry on the other side.
- The second side cooks a lot quicker than the first side so keep an eye on this. You might need to reduce the heat on the plantains as well after turning the slices. You might need to reduce the heat on the plantains as well after turning the slices.
- Remove plantains from oil and drain on kitchen paper. If frying plantains in more than one batch keep the first batch in an oven on warm.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
Grill Your Greens
The salad of summer
Grill your greens.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.