If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The fact that there is not a line of avocado ice creams out there is kind of baffling to me since I think avocados are the best thing ever. They are creamy, vibrant and really good for you. Yes they are considered "fattening" by many but they have mostly good fats and are a great source of omega 6 fatty acids which can only be obtained through food sources. Omega 6 fatty acids are also really good for your brain.
Avocados are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids and actually helps decrease cholesterol.
They can be cooked, smushed, chopped, and now frozen.
In this recipe I have paired the avocados with matcha to make a superfood ice-cream and have placed it in between a ginger quinoa-oat cookie which is fantastic. - sabrina
Ingredients for the ice cream
- 1 avocado [peeled and pitted]
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon 100% matcha powder
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
Quinoa Cookie Ingredients
- 3/4 cups quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup porridge oats
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup [sweeten to taste]
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger [peeled & chopped into bits]
- 1 pinch maldon salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons oat milk
- Put all ice cream ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into an airtight tupperware and freeze for 6 hours.
- Place mixture back into a blender and blend until a smooth ice cream consistency.
- Directions for cookie: Preheat oven to 180C or 350F
- Place a silpat or some oiled tin foil on a baking tray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until evenly mixed and then make a ball in the bowl and use a knife to divide that into 4.
- Roll each section into a ball and then place on the baking tray and press down a bit so that a cookie shape forms.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes (everyones oven is different, I cooked mine for 10 minutes and they were light brown).
- Let the cookies cool then get ice cream from blender or freezer and place a heaping tablespoon in the middle of two cookies [flat sides of the cookies towards the ice cream]