- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces saucisson sec, thinly sliced, or sliced salami
- 2 cups fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 4 slices bread from a country loaf
- Salad, for serving
- Preheat broiler with rack in highest position. Brush both sides of bread with 2 tablespoons oil and place on a broiler-proof baking sheet.
- Combine remaining oil, cured meat, peas, lemon zest and 1/2 cup water in a skillet and heat over medium. Cook, covered, until peas and sausage are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While peas cook, broil toasts, turning once, until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Spoon pea mixture over toasts before serving; serve with salad.