If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A savoury muffin that is hearty enough to have for lunch! This recipe is inspired by the original at: http://thewholeway.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/savoury-muffins-pumpkin-feta-goodness/ . I built on the original by substituting kale, squash and a local cheddar and a tweak here and there. I baked them in individual panettone molds instead of snack size. (the photo is my own and is featured as part of a two-squash muffin recipe on my blog at http://sugarstuff.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/squash-muffins-two-ways/) —SugarnStuff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups peeled, deseeded, chopped delicata squash
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Tuscan kale
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons salted pepitas
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 125 grams crumbled feta
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chopped squash with 1 tbsp oil and spread out on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside.
- Mix together both flours, baking powder and sea salt. Toss in kale, cilantro, roasted pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- Whisk together the 2 eggs, mustard and milk. Mix in both cheeses and 1 tbsp oil. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Grease muffin cups or panettone molds, as I used. Spoon in batter, filling molds to the top. Place filled molds on cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Baking time will be shorter if using muffin cups.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.