Author Notes: This hummus recipe is a a perfect cold-to-warm weather transition recipe. I love the spiciness of curry mixed with sweet pumpkin, and the chickpeas and coconut milk make the dip very creamy and filling. - laurelmoll
Makes 4 cups
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse the beans under water for a minute or two.
- Using clean hands, remove the skins from the chickpeas and then put the beans in a food processor or blender cup.
- Smash the garlic cloves, remove the skins, and add them to the chickpeas.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cumin, juice from the 1/2 lemon, curry powder, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Process the ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Warm gently on the stove top before serving.