If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hummus recipe is a a perfect cold-to-warm weather transition recipe. I love the spiciness of curry mixed with sweet pumpkin, and the chickpeas and coconut milk make the dip very creamy and filling. - laurelmoll
Makes 4 cups
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse the beans under water for a minute or two.
- Using clean hands, remove the skins from the chickpeas and then put the beans in a food processor or blender cup.
- Smash the garlic cloves, remove the skins, and add them to the chickpeas.
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, cumin, juice from the 1/2 lemon, curry powder, hot sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Process the ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Warm gently on the stove top before serving.