If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These roasted chickpeas make any dish devour-able, be sure to make extra because they are hard to resist and make a superbly satisfying salty snack. The creamy tahini dressing on this salad pairs perfectly with chickpeas and has become a new favorite of mine! - Shell
smoky chickpea croutons
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch sea salt
creamy roasted garlic & tahini dressing over greens
- 1 piece whole head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch bibb lettuce and or radicchio
- 1 piece fennel
- Gently remove excess water from cooked chickpeas. Toss with oil, spices and salt and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for 20-30 minutes, until golden and lightly crisp. They will continue to crisp once you remove them from the oven, so don’t leave them in the oven until fully crisp.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the whole head of garlic in half, cutting along the equator. Place in tin foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap tightly. Place in oven and roast for 45 minutes. When you remove it from the oven, the cloves should be golden and very soft. Allow to cool slightly and squeeze the garlic cloves out of the peel. Add the roasted garlic cloves, tahini, lemon and yogurt to a food processor. Pulse until combined and creamy. While the machine is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. You should have a very thick dressing at this point. Thin slightly with up to ¼ cup of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Note: You will get a thicker, creamier dressing if you use a food processor but you can also whisk all of the ingredients together by hand.
- Clean your greens: Thinly slice the fennel. A Japanese mandoline works wonders here. Wash, dry and chop the bibb and radicchio. Remove the mint from the stem and give it a rough chop. Mix all ingredients together, toss with the dressing and top with chickpeas and more fresh pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.