Author Notes: The best situation is when you can whip together a meal in 30 minutes and have it blow the socks off of all your guests. This is that meal. - Vicky Cassidy
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- splash of fish sauce
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a baking dish, rub salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until center is just barely pink.
- Meanwhile combine scallions, ginger, soy sauce, canola oil, sherry and fish sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together. When salmon is done, pull out of oven and immediately pour sauce over, letting it sizzle.
- Serve with any vegetables. I pan roasted some brussel sprouts with a simple salt, pepper, and splash of balsamic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions