If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spring onion soup thickened with bread and just a few other ingredients...... simple but tasty if you're an onion fan! —inpatskitchen
Makes about 4 servings
- 4 cups very stale bread cubes from a nice rustic bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 large spring/green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups rich chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the green onions keeping the light green and white slices separate from the dark green slices. Melt the butter in a medium soup pot and add the white and light green onions along with the minced garlic. Saute until all becomes soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the bread cubes and add the chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring up to a boil and then down to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup and then stir in the cream and dark green slices of the onions. Bring up to a simmer and stir in the lemon juice and parmesan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.