If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We throw a few of these on the grill every time we fire it up, though they're easily made on an indoor grill pan, as well. And talk about a no-recipe recipe. This is all method. Play around with the ratios as you see fit. It’s going to be really, really difficult to end up with a plum that tastes anything less than fantastic. —Emily Stoffel - the pig & quill
Serves 2-4 (you can easily scale this for a larger crowd)
- 5 plums, halved and pitted
- 1 good glug olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes, plus additional for serving
- plenty of salt and pepper
- 4 ounces wedge Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled or in small hunks
- real maple syrup
- 1 handful toasted walnuts, chopped
- lightly dressed baby kale, or other greens, for serving
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill. Arrange baby kale or greens (tossed with your favorite lightly flavored vinaigrette or a little balsamic and olive oil) on serving plates.
- Toss plum halves with olive oil, thyme, crushed red chili flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Grill, cut-side-down, until well-marked, about 3-5 minutes. Flip plums and nestle gorgonzola into the center of each half. Cover and allow cheese to just melt, about a minute or two.
- Remove plums to salad greens and drizzle with maple syrup, crushed walnuts and additional chile flakes, if you’re feelin’ the heat. Serve warm.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.