If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wet nuts, only better, in my humble opinion. If you'd like to gild the lily, bedazzle the top of whatever you are pouring this on with a few flakes of Maldon. - mrslarkin
Food52 Review: Like a good wine, the salt in this caramel sauce achieves a great balance between notes of butterscotch and toasted nuts. It came together in a snap and was delightful spooned over vanilla ice cream. Since the recipe can easily be scaled up or down (I initially only made half a batch), it would make a perfect gift during the holidays, especially for friends who consider caramel a mystery best left to professionals. - chez_mere
Makes about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Maldon salt, for garnish
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Over medium heat, bring the water, sugar, and salt to boil in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Cook for 3 minutes or so.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of butter. When butter begins to foam, pour in the cream. The mixture will bubble up, so be careful. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Move pan off the heat and stir in the remaining butter, then stir in the nuts. Let sauce cool slightly before serving.
- For storing, pour into a clean 2-cup jar and refrigerate.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Walnuts
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.