If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect party-fun dish using fresh, simple produce with a rich and guilt-free sauce!! Less than 30 minutes prep. This dish is raw and vegan friendly but something that even non-vegetarians/raw individuals would enjoy. My Raw Vegan Pad Thai uses fresh young coconut meat "noodles" dressed in an addicting raw almond butter sauce. You'll crave it the next time you want Thai food ;)
My pad Thai is a perfect dish as we transition from winter to spring. So fast and easy to put together, you won't have to spend all that time in the kitchen and spend more time EATING! You'll definitely keep this recipe in your repertoire; keep the main recipe and switch up the ingredients! (IE add some fruit such as mangoes, papaya or kiwi) Don't think you can't eat this during other seasons! Switch up the ingredients for any local produce you think would taste great. —Stacy
Coconut and Vegetable "Noodles":
- 2 Organic zucchini
- 3 Organic carrots
- 2 Young fresh coconut (meat)
- 1/4 Purple cabbage
- 1 handful Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Bean sprouts
- Organic red pepper
- Organic cucumbers
- Purple cabbage, whole leaves
Almond Tahini Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Raw almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Raw organic tahini
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Raw organic honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic, made into a paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon White miso
- 1 dash Sesame oil (optional)
- Red chilis, thinly sliced (optional)
- Sauce: Whisk all ingredients together. Adjust seasoning as needed. Start with 1 tablespoon of fresh young coconut water first. Add more to thin out until desired consistency.
- Vegetables: Optional for the zucchinis - salt zucchini for ~30 min before serving. Rinse and drain. This takes out the excess water.
- Rinse and drain the pre-salted zucchini (if using).
- Optional Topping: Curry-lime spiced cashews: Lightly toss raw cashews in sesame oil then toss with the mixed seasoning. Lightly toast all ingredients together in a pan on medium-low continuously rotating. Or roasted cashews in an oven for 350F for 5-10 minutes, rotating half way through. Add lime zest and/or juice to finished cashews.
- Optional: Gently peel purple cabbage layers layer-by-layer. Whole leaves serve as an edible "cups"!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
Breaking Down Eggplant Parmigiana
Plus, a recipe for a classic
Understanding eggplant parmigiana.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Settling a beer rivalry.
A better basket.