If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have always loved pizza as much as the next person, but this recipe is truly amazing. Unlike traditional flour pizza crust which can sometimes be somewhat dull, the cauliflower crust has a rich and hearty flavor and is full of nutrients. Once you try it you'll never forget it. This recipe combines a number of other recipes to make the perfect pizza. —obarreto
Makes 1 small pizza (single serving)
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated or put through the food processor (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 pinch Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (enough for a thin layer)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatos, sliced or halved
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh kale, chopped
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella
- sprinkle with parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate the cauliflower or place in a food processor until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft and fluffy. Remove from the microwave and let cool. Careful because the cauliflower becomes very hot and can easily burn you.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled, place in cheese clothe or a thing kitchen towel and wring as much water out as possible. Once all the water is out, place the cauliflower in a medium bowl and add the shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan, oregano, and salt and pepper. Then add the lightly beaten egg.
- Next, scoop up the cauliflower mixture and place on the oiled parchment paper. Use hands to pat into a round about 1/4 inch thick. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread sauce, slice the mozzarella and place on sauce and then add other toppings and sprinkle wit parmesan.
- Lastly, place back in oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the cheese starts to become golden.
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.