If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had a "corn mousse" as a component of the most delicious tapa I have ever had, the Alella at Casa Lucas in Madrid (you must try it if you find yourself there). The whole dish is a toast topped with caramelized onions, soy sauce marinated chicken, corn mousse, and finished off with crispy fried onion strings. Perfection. At home in the summer, I don't tend to tackle multi-component appetizers, so this dip is a simple, no cook homage to my favorite little snack. I like to serve it on toasted baguette (confession: I have been known to dip into it with salt and pepper kettle chips). Enjoy. —Emily
Makes 8 appetizer servings
- 15 ounces (one standard tub) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup neufchatel style cream cheese, room temperature (regular is fine, but I prefer the sweeter flavor of neufchatel)
- zest of one lemon
- thyme leaves from 5 sprigs, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a paper towel over a fine mesh stranier and place over a larger bowl (the strainer should not reach the bottom). Place the ricotta into the paper towel-lined strainer and let drain in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to four hours.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the lemon zest, thyme, Parmesan, and ricotta and blend until combined.
- Remove the kernels from the corn cobs and place into a food processor. Using the back of your knife, scrape down the corn cob to extract the corn milk and place that in the processor as well. Add olive oil and pulse to a mostly smooth consistency.
- Fold the corn mixture in to the ricotta in the stand mixer and blend on low speed to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with extra thyme leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.