If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 10 baby eggplant (about 1 pound), quartered lengthwise with stem intact
- 1 cup fresh chickpeas (thawed from frozen + patted dry), or canned
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves (about 1 packed cup)
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 fresh green chile, seeds removed if desired for less heat
- Warmed naan, for serving
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Working in 2 batches, add eggplant and chickpeas and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer cooked eggplant and chickpeas to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. (Repeat with remaining eggplant and chickpeas.)
- Transfer eggplant and chickpeas to a large skillet and, off the heat, toss with garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt and pepper. Add lemon juice, sugar and 1/4 cup water to pot and place over low heat. Simmer eggplant and chickpeas gently, without tossing, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- While eggplant simmers, combine cilantro, yogurt, chile and remaining cumin in a blender. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Serve eggplant with yogurt sauce and naan.
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.