If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The wild in this recipe isnt from wild rice, its comes from the lemony spruce tips, that pair beautifully with toasted nuts, such as pine nuts or pistachios. They add flavor and sparkle to your basic side dish. Adapted from Chef Mads Refslund, co-founder of NOMA. —tama matsuoka wong
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup spruce tips, pulled apart
- 1 lemon
- In a small saucepan (alternately, we Wongs use a rice cooker for perfect rice every time), combine rice, water and nuts.
- Bring to a boil, stir, cover and lower the hit to a simmer, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff the rice in a large bowl with the spruce tips.
- Add liberal amounts of freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.