If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some things should not be messed with, gussied up or otherwise violated. Oysters are just such a food. I say choose the best you can find– so that all the "cook" needs to do is make 'em pretty! - Sippity Sup (Greg Henry)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons the very best extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely crushed white pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pinch excellent sea salt
- 24 oysters, freshly shucked on the half shell
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, shallots, white and red pepper and salt and whisk to blend. Spoon atop oysters or serve alongside.
- Please remember to wait to shuck the oysters until just before serving to keep them as fresh as the sea as possible.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.