Author Notes: Some things should not be messed with, gussied up or otherwise violated. Oysters are just such a food. I say choose the best you can find– so that all the "cook" needs to do is make 'em pretty! - SippitySup
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons the very best extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely crushed white pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 pinch excellent sea salt
- 24 oysters, freshly shucked on the half shell
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, shallots, white and red pepper and salt and whisk to blend. Spoon atop oysters or serve alongside.
- Please remember to wait to shuck the oysters until just before serving to keep them as fresh as the sea as possible.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters