If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have never been terribly into vegetables in smoothies (or that into smoothies, actually), but a friend and co-worker brought a beet smoothie into a meeting the other day, and I was so intrigued I got some instructions from her and then made my own version to try. It's different, but I like it! - fiveandspice
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 small, or 1/2 medium red beet, scrubbed and shredded or chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup (heaping) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup apple juice, plus more as necessary
- Honey, if desired
- Put everything in a blender and blend it until smooth. Add just enough apple juice to make the smoothie the consistency you want.
- Taste, and add honey if you want additional sweetness. Pour into glasses and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.