Author Notes: I have never been terribly into vegetables in smoothies (or that into smoothies, actually), but a friend and co-worker brought a beet smoothie into a meeting the other day, and I was so intrigued I got some instructions from her and then made my own version to try. It's different, but I like it! - fiveandspice
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 small, or 1/2 medium red beet, scrubbed and shredded or chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup (heaping) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup apple juice, plus more as necessary
- Honey, if desired
- Put everything in a blender and blend it until smooth. Add just enough apple juice to make the smoothie the consistency you want.
- Taste, and add honey if you want additional sweetness. Pour into glasses and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!