If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cake donuts cut into bar form, with no special donut pan needed! —erinmcdowell
Makes 8 large bars (plus some scraps)
For the donut bars:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
For the buttermilk glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- With a wooden spoon, beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Alternate adding the dry and wet ingredients to the butter mixture alternately, in 2 or 3 additions each. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9- by 9-inch cake pan, then bake in a 350° F oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool completely, then cut into 8 bars.
- To make the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, buttermilk, and milk together to combine. Make sure the glaze is runny. Add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Place the bars on a wire rack and pour the glaze over top. Letit set completely before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!